Precision Body

Minaj brings a slower-paced sound on ‘Pink Friday 2’

Nicki Minajs Pink Friday 2 is already a already a big success.
Republic Records
Nicki Minaj’s “Pink Friday 2” is already a already a big success.

Nicki Minaj’s Pink Friday 2 is already a success. 

Fans of Minaj have been getting ready for the release of the record since June. Old songs from the original Pink Friday and her new singles from the sequel have been used all over Tik Tok and other social media apps. 

The new album has more slower-paced music, with a dreamy and ethereal sound and Minaj’s fast raps in between. 

Songs like “Super Freaky Girl” and “Everybody” have already become popular among even non-fans of Minaj.

“Everybody” uses a sample of the background of the hit track “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior. Sampling different old hits has become extremely popular lately, and Minaj has decided to join the trend on Pink Friday 2. 

The introduction to the album, “Are You Gone Already,” even features vocals from Billie Eilish’s song “When the Party’s Over.” This collaboration is unexpected, but ends up becoming a good listen. 

The record is longer than most, being over an hour and ten minutes long and having 22 songs. However, there are no immediate skippable tracks, and the album itself is very enjoyable to hear.