J.A.J.

DiCesaro helps lacrosse team build for the future

DiCesaro helps lay foundation for the future of Baldwin Boys lax.
Jackson Sgattoni

Junior midfielder Anthony DiCesaro wants to make an impact on Baldwin’s boys lacrosse program this season. 

“We are proud of how we are building the Baldwin lacrosse program by getting kids interested in the sport,” DiCesaro said, “It’s pretty cool knowing you are helping out the future of a program.”

DiCesaro so far has had a solid individual season, posting four goals and three assists. 

DiCesaro got into lacrosse through junior teammate Gavin Serafini while they were in middle school. 

“Gavin Serafini got me into lacrosse in middle school, but we couldn’t play because of Covid,” DiCesaro said. “We practiced together during Covid and then have played together since.”

Serafini said that DiCesaro always has a high motor.

“Anthony is very good at keeping his energy up and picking us up when we’re down,” Serafini said.

DiCesaro is a great playmaker on the field, junior Cody Garrett said.

“He’s a great playmaker to have on the team and he’s able to score and give people scoring opportunities,” Garrett said. 

DiCesaro’s speed and athleticism stand out to his teammates. 

“He is very fast and quick on his feet, so it makes it easy for him to get past defenders,” Garrett said. 

Along with his skill, DiCesaro’s work ethic also stands out to the team. 

“He is always the hardest worker during practices or games – whether that is staying after practice or getting to practice early to get extra work,” Serafini said.

DiCesaro is also on the track team, running the 100m, 200m, 4×100 relay, and the 4×400 relay. Balancing that with lacrosse has kept Dicesaro organized as a student athlete.

“It is very difficult balancing them, but communication with coaches and teachers is probably the most important thing to stay on track,” DiCesaro said. “You have to be very organized when trying to get your school work done, along with practicing and getting rest so you don’t get burned out.”

DiCesaro has made some of his favorite memories playing lacrosse.

“My favorite moment was winning our first game my freshman year because I played well and scored two goals,” DiCesaro said. 

DiCesaro wants to make even more memories this season.

“My individual goal this year is to have as much fun as possible with my friends and make as many memories as possible because we only get four years of high school lacrosse,” DiCesaro said. 

Although the team hasn’t been able to rack up wins this year, DiCesaro is proud of what the team has done. 

“We always try to keep our hopes up, knowing we put 100 percent effort into every game and we gathered a lot of new players this year,” DiCesaro said. “We are proud of how we built the Baldwin lacrosse program and how we will impact it for the future.”

View Comments (1)