SparkleGirlsCleaning

Essential Listening: Caesar’s ‘Never Enough’ deserves more popularity

His calm and contemporary songwriting sets him apart from others. Photo via Republic Records.

Tired of your Spotify playlists? The Purbalite is here to help with our Essential Listening series.

Even though Daniel Caesar is not very popular, he is an underrated artist, as shown by his 2023 R&B album, Never Enough.

Two of the album’s most popular and best songs are “Always” and “Superpowers”. Both of these songs are calm and both convey great messages.

“Always” is about one person leaving a relationship, and the other person choosing to be there for them always. Also, Caesar hopes that things will stay the same and that he will always want to rekindle things. This song has arguably been one of his best songs.

This album is mainly about new beginnings and moments in his life – times when he felt confused, but then figured out why things happened the way they did. It was released two days after his 28th birthday, and it covers events that have happened over the past year or so of his life. 

It is a breath of fresh air, especially for listeners who are not familiar with his other songs or albums.

Overall, Caesar positively displays his talents on this album. His calm and contemporary songwriting sets him apart from others, and he will continue to grow in popularity.