Zach Landscaping

Between Friends embrace electro-pop for summertime sounds

Courtesy of 10K Projects
Courtesy of 10K Projects

With a rising popularity of electro-pop music, Between Friends’ Garage Sale EP complements the genre, arriving right on time for summer.

Following the popularity of their earlier track “Affection” off of the EP We Just Need Some Time Together, Between Friends has embraced more of the technological side of their music.

The duo uses synths and sound effects to enhance their music and create a masterful sound. Combined with their vocals, their work is consistently coherent and polished.

Their traditional “camp” style, in cahoots with their eclectic sound, blend together to create Garage Sale.

“Drive Over Me” showcases how the duo experiments on this album, not only with different beats, tempos, and effects, but also genres. There is a clear jazz influence on this album, second only to the early 2010s pop feel.

The final track, entitled “Friends,” reflects the sounds of earlier releases, which the duo is more commonly acclaimed for among fans.

Between Friends manages to stay away from repetitive and annoying lyrics, and keeps variety in sounds while maintaining a similar energy through songs. Because of this balance, Garage Sale equates to an enjoyable, lighthearted, and thorough listening experience.