K&G Auto Service

Essential Listening: ‘Tourist History’ offers a summery sound

British indie band Two Door Cinema Club’s 2010 debut album, Tourist History, stands as a masterpiece in the alternative genre. Photo courtesy of twodoorcinemaclub.com

British indie band Two Door Cinema Club’s 2010 debut album, Tourist History, stands as a masterpiece in the alternative genre. 

A song from the album, “I Can Talk,” was featured in FIFA 11, and Tourist History won the Choice Music Prize for the 2010 Irish Album of the Year. 

“I Can Talk” is carried by the electronic guitar rhythmic patterns and its frenzied tempo, nicely complemented by vocals of the song. 

Another song, “Undercover Martyn,” has a fast-paced and upbeat vibe. It is a song that reflects a midsummer sunset. The isolated electric guitar ad libs and heavy drum solos enhance the song. 

“Something Good Can Work” also has an upbeat rhythm as well as strong electric guitar instrumentals. It fits the vibe of a song that could be played on a rooftop party on a hot day in late June. 

“This Is The Life” provides an electric experience for its listeners as it has heavy and fast instrumentals. It continues the summery theme that is conveyed throughout the album. 

Overall, Tourist History served as a great album in the early 2010s and deserves more praise in the modern era. It is a musical masterpiece and deserves a listen.