Precision Body

‘Godzilla x Kong’ brings constant action

The epic final battle comes together in one of the coolest CGI-made scenes ever made. Photo via Legendary Entertainment.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire does a great job at telling the origin story of Kong and Godzilla. 

This action movie has fight scenes from start to finish, keeping fans interested from the very beginning. 

The previous movie in the franchise, Godzilla vs Kong, left fans with many questions that this movie resolves. It finally explains why these monsters are fighting each other and how mankind plays into their feuds. 

Throughout the movie, each monster and the humans have individual quests that all come together for an awesome battle at the end. 

Kong goes on a journey seeking his kind in the hollow earth. On the other hand, Godzilla goes on an energy-seeking rampage on the surface.

In the middle of this, returning characters Jia, Dr. Andrews, and Bernie – along with new character Trapper – go down to hollow Earth, where they discover the Iwi tribe, who explain the history of each of the titans. Jia summons Mothra and the epic final battle comes together in one of the coolest CGI-made scenes ever made.

Dan Stevens does a great job playing Trapper, a titan veterinarian and expert. His calmness and the sarcastic dialogue from Trapper gives off a humorous tone despite the intensity of the movie.  

Kaylee Hottle does a great job playing Jia, an Iwi tribe member. She is deaf in real life and her character is deaf in the movie. Rebecca Hall, who plays Dr. Andrews, learned signed language from working with Hottle on the set. 

Overall, the filmmakers do a great job connecting all the Titans in a thrilling movie with a well-structured plot. Families should consider adding this to the list for an exciting movie night.