Advanced Exterior Cleaning

Second season of ‘Kaisen’ puts characters in new conflicts

Jujutsu Kaisen season two is split into two major storylines. Photo courtesy of Crunchyroll.

Season two of Jujutsu Kaisen surpasses season one in nearly every aspect, as it puts its characters in new conflicts that develop them in unique ways.

Season two has a partially simplified art style compared to season one. However, this comes with the upside of the overall animation and stylization being far better. 

Every movement is animated smoothly. Different episodes use striking and unique color palettes that make them distinct. 

The complexity of the animation, especially during fight scenes, makes this one of the most impressive anime in recent years.

Along with the visuals, the storyline of season two is also superior.

The characters in Kaisen are known as “Jujutsu Sorcerers,” meaning that they use supernatural powers to fight monsters and evil sorcerers.

The first five episodes cover the backstory of Gojo and Geto, the mentor and antagonist of the present storyline respectively. Initially, Gojo and Geto are best friends despite their differences. However, after traumatic events, Geto sees non-sorcerers as a burden.

Gojo on the other hand, sees the value of humanity, so he and Geto become enemies. The story raises questions about different ways that people view the world. 

Later, the show cuts back to the present for the “Shibuya Incident” story arc. Geto reveals a plan to defeat Gojo and the rest of the heroes during an attack in Tokyo. This plot goes only partially as planned, with both sides taking major losses. 

The protagonist, Yuji Itadori, is faced with situations during this conflict that mentally devastate him, but through these events, he grows as a person.

For example, in a crucial moment, Yuji realizes that due to his lack of strength or noteworthiness, he is simply a cog in the machine of society. But by protecting others and doing what is right, he finds meaning in his life and refuses to hold any regrets.

Jujutsu Kaisen is a must-watch for the fun of the action. The series is available on Crunchyroll, Prime Video, and Funimation.