Veronica Sikora

NYC rapper Mike brings a new sound

Mike+brings+new+sound+on+Pinball+
10K.global records
Mike brings new sound on Pinball

Emerging NYC rapper Mike is back with a new project and a new sound to accompany his recent break into the mainstream. 

Pinball is produced by Tony Seltzer and MC’d by Mike, with the beats overall having more of a drill rap sound to them, being fast paced and aggressive. Despite these beats being out of the norm for Mike or his comfort zone, Mike raps his heart out over every track like drill was his intended genre. 

Mike’s lyrical talent is expressed mainly on the tracks “100 Gecs” and “Underground Kingz.” 

On the track “100 Gecs,” Mike repeats the title multiple times, utilizing an excellent structure and wordplay. In “Underground Kingz,” Mike is able flow through the track while discussing the new developments in his life like he’s talking with a friend. Mike’s style flows and rhymes in his own patented, skilled way. 

However, Mike would not be as successful without the excellent production by Seltzer. The production particularly excels on the tracks “R&B” and “Reminiscing.”

Seltzer mixes this rough sound with a smooth sample blending into an amazing beat for the track “R&B.” He also excels at mixing and sampling on “Reminiscing,” in which he is able create one of the best trap beats of the year so far, for a more sample-heavy jazz rapper.