k hutch

‘Last Airbender’ remake does not live up to the original

The Last Airbender is a decent live-action remake of the original show. Photo via Netflix.

The Last Airbender is a decent live-action remake of the original show.

It follows Aang as he tries to master all the bending forms and save the world. It is a live-action remake of the original animated show that aired on Nickelodeon 12 years ago. The original is widely regarded as one of the best animated TV shows ever created. The live action does not live up to the original, but is still an entertaining watch.

The live-action remake features many callbacks to the original show, such as the cabbage merchant and the secret tunnel song. The show also makes many changes to the original version. The show still has a connective story line that is similar to the original, but parts appear out of order. It also has a lot of exposition that was kept until later on in the original show.

The live action also made changes to a few of the characters.

Bumi is not the fun-loving character that he is in the first episode he is introduced. He is very serious, and he is mad at Aang instead of happy to see him. The show also takes away Sokka’s misogyny. This was a big part of the original show because it showed Sokka’s growth throughout the show and added depth to his character.

Overall, both the animated and the live-action show have their own unique perks. But the Last Airbender animated series reigns superior to the live-action remake. The live-action TV series does, however, triumph over the live-action movie.