Gormley

`Eras Tour’ movie brings Swift’s tour to everyone

The+Taylor+Swift%3A+Eras+Tour+Movie+opened+in+theaters+this+past+weekend.+
AMC Theaters
The Taylor Swift: Eras Tour Movie opened in theaters this past weekend.

Taylor Swift’s Eras tour has proven so wildly popular that some fans weren’t able to get tickets, and some could not afford them. The new film Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour has made that Swift concert experience more accessible to fans.

The movie starts out with a disclaimer stating that singing and dancing along are not only allowed, but encouraged. While no one got up to dance at a Saturday screening at the Luxury Cinema in West Mifflin, some fans were singing from their seats.

During The Eras Tour movie, viewers can feel the fans’ love of Swift through the screen. There are close-ups of screaming fans and heart-shaped hands throughout the show, as well as pans of the massive crowds. 

Seeing the whole stadium filmed from a bird’s eye view puts into perspective how many fans were watching Swift perform and how many supporters she has. The sold-out stadiums each night are truly groundbreaking, but it was hard to comprehend the crowd size until the cameras provided this view.

Overall, the concert itself is amazingly well done. There were over 10 costume changes, very well choreographed dances, and a variety of videos playing on the screen behind her. 

Swift putting on a three-hour show that is essentially a complete play production every night puts most other concert performances to shame. She has raised the standards for live shows for all artists with the Eras Tour. 

The only drawback to the documentary is the number of songs Swift has cut from the film. Crowd favorites such as “Cardigan” and “The Archer” have not made it to the final version shown on screen. 

However sad this may be for some, cutting certain parts makes sense. The length of the film is nearly three hours, and including every track from the setlist would have made the movie entirely too long to sit through. Although the film feels like an in-person concert, it is still being watched in theaters and at home, making it harder to sit through a longer span of time for most. 

The Eras Tour film is definitely a must-see for Swift fans or people who enjoy watching concerts in general.