Gormley

Rap duo Armand Hammer returns with another success

We+Buy+Diabetic+Test+Strips+by+Armand+Hammer+advertisement.+
Backwoodz Studioz
We Buy Diabetic Test Strips by Armand Hammer advertisement.

New York rap duo Armand Hammer has reunited to release their latest album, the strong We Buy Diabetic Test Strips.

We Buy is by far their most modern-sounding album, as it stays grounded in reality while reaching into the future of hip-hop. The impressive production stands out on tracks like “Y’all Can’t Stand Right Here,” “The Gods Must Be Crazy,” “Total Recall,” “Blocked Calls,” and “Empire Blvd.”

One of the consistent themes throughout the album is love lost, specifically on tracks such as “When It Doesn’t Start With a Kiss.” 

Woods has also mastered the introduction of pop culture into his raps perfectly. In the track “Don’t Lose Your Job” Woods speaks about his friend with a bum knee because the ’03 Eagles couldn’t cover, which is a reference to his friend, the legendary Eagle running back Brian Westbrook. 

Billy Woods also brings up other trendsetting rappers like Playboi Carti and Westside Gunn, and he displays amazing lyricism. 

The album also focuses on hot-button political issues like Covid-19, climate change, the drug crisis in lower-income neighborhoods, and gun violence – particularly in the way these issues affect Elucid and Woods in their own communities. 

His partner, Elucid, brings just as much to the table in his own way. 

Elucid’s words hit hard with his distinct voice, grim lyricism, and vocal inflection. He is able to provide impressive storytelling while also carrying every song using his singing abilities to produce unique hooks. 

The way Elucid reaches outside of the box to create the sounds and lyrics in every track ensures the longevity and generational talent of Armand Hammer.