Students fall into fall fashion

Students fall into fall fashion

Emma Dowker, Photography Editor

As the weather has begun to cool and the leaves have started to change, students have started to incorporate their favorite fall fashion trends into their wardrobes and break out the cold weather clothing.
“Everyone’s excited to put their jeans on for the first time,” senior Abby Barr said.
While it may not yet be cold enough for sweaters or boots, other footwear like sneakers are popular amongst high school students.
“I need to go boot shopping. I’m still riding out the Converse and Vans,” Barr said.
Senior Ericka Odato agreed with Barr regarding this autumn’s must-have fashion items.
“I really like denim this season. Jeans and denim jackets are really popular and easy to style,” Odato said.
Although many students enjoy revamping their wardrobes with new styles, it can become expensive to constantly update one’s closet and spend hard-earned paychecks or allowances on clothes.
“I love stores like American Apparel and Urban Outfitters, but they can be kind of pricey. I shop a lot at Forever 21, and thrifting is great too. They have some unique pieces that are inexpensive,” Odato said.
Both Barr and Odato agree that flannels are particularly popular during cooler seasons, and thrift stores such as Salvation Army and Goodwill are usually stocked with them. Most chain clothing stores also sell flannels, but thrift stores offer them at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to denim and flannel, warm, neutral colors are popular during the fall. Barr’s favorite fall colors include olive green, maroon, gray and black.
Dark or neutral colors can be easy to match, and plain, solid-colored pieces tie in perfectly with printed items like flannels. Denim is also a versatile material; jeans match with virtually anything, and any denim jacket is a perfect accessory that can tie together any outfit.
Besides students wearing their favorite fall attire to school, many students also enjoy going to seasonal locations, such as pumpkin patches or farms that have fall activities.
“Fall festivals and pumpkin patches are fun to go to with friends,” Odato said.
Regardless of one’s personal style or fall activity preferences, this seasons trends are versatile and affordable enough for everyone.