Gormley

Easter looks, bright colors lead prom dress trends

This dress is an example of the new style of easter prom dresses. Image via Jovani.

Prom ’24 trends have taken over social media, but many people are upset about the change in styles over the years. 

After girls started posting their dresses on TikTok, the trend of “Easter dresses” for prom started. These dresses have pastel colors, flowers, and are more of a satin material. They have either a strapless or thin strap neckline. Many people are against this style of dress because it looks too much like a dress someone would wear for Easter. 

There is also the more traditional prom look with bright colors and sparkles. Neon pinks and blues seem to be the colors picked by most people who are going for a sparkly dress. Other colors that are always popular are black, red, and white. 

Another statement trend this year is feathers. The feather trend started during homecoming season in 2023 and continues into this year’s prom. The most popular necklines with feathers are off the shoulder and strapless dresses. 

One style that has continued to be popular are dresses with a corset top. These tops tie in the back and most of the time have a mesh bodice. A lot of the dresses with a corset top are A-line dresses with either a strapless neckline or thin straps. 

One-shoulder necklines have been very popular this year, making a comeback from previous years. Brands like Jovani and Sherri Hill seem to have started this trend with their 2024 releases. 

Lucy In The Sky has taken over dress shopping for dances. They have not disappointed with their prom dresses either. They are known for their tight, sparkly dresses and their long dresses are the same. Most of their satin dresses from their 2024 release are sold out, with great reviews posted about them. They will continue to grow as a popular prom brand people love. 

Long-sleeve dresses have not made a comeback for this season. Other colors like brown, maroon, and neon green have not been in trend. Sweetheart, high neck, and square necklines are not also not as popular.