Hirt Locker

21 Savage releases a ‘dream’ album

21 Savage is a British-American rapper who has released three studio albums.
Epic Records

Popular rapper 21 Savage’s new album, American Dream, expands his music.

The album features Metro Boomin, Travis Scott, Brent Faiyaz and a few others, and they amplify 21 Savage’s vocals. “Should’ve Wore a Bonnet” features Faiyaz, and their vocals contrast each other perfectly. 

But along with the features, 21 Savage samples older, jazz-styled songs that make his songs stand apart from others in the rap genre. “Redrum” is a notable song including these samples. 

The album is definitely one of 21 Savage’s best releases so far. 

While the album has great success, “N.H.I.E,” featuring Doja Cat, does not succeed, solely because of Doja’s unnecessary feature. The song sounds forced and doesn’t blend well with the rest of the album. 

The album focuses on the challenges that the rapper faces while chasing the idea of an American dream. He will also release a movie in connection with this record. It will feature Donald Glover and Caleb McLaughlin, and it will be about 21 Savage’s upbringing. 

American Dream is an unskippable album and overall success. The album does not disappoint and rap listeners should definitely give the album a listen.