Elizabeth seton

Swim teams fall to Peters Township in first section meet

Alli Schroeder
The Baldwin boys and girls swim teams compete in the winter season.

The boys and girls swimming teams lost their meets against Peters Township yesterday.

This was the team’s first section meet this season. Senior Dylan Lubarski said he believes that the loss taught the team what to work on to make the season successful.

“I think we need to work on our starts at the beginning of each race and our turns after each lap,” Lubarski said. “If we practice those harder, I think we can improve our times.”

Lubarski was not surprised at the result of the meet. He believes the team’s lack of participants will be a hindrance throughout the season.

“I wasn’t shocked that we lost. Our numbers are low and having more swimmers on the team would make a big difference,” Lubarski said.

Junior Nathaniel McWilliams had an especially impressive performance, Lubarski said.

“Nathaniel came in first place in the 200 and he had a really solid time. It’s a good start to the season for him,” Lubarski said.

Although Lubarski was not pleased with the result of the meet, he was pleased with the team’s attitude.

“We did a good job at keeping a positive attitude for the first meet of the season,” Lubarski said. “It was against a tough opponent and we didn’t give up.”

Their next meet is Tuesday away against Seton LaSalle.