Fitness 19

21st Street Cafe

BY ZOE VONGTAU
Staff Writer

Budding hipsters and lovers of bad hot chocolate can rejoice: 21st Street Coffee and Tea is here. Characterized by its small space, the Strip District café is decorated with art by locals and dangling bulb lights. The atmosphere of the room is welcoming yet the proximity of tables makes louder conversations awkward. The actual menu is somewhat limited and seasonal yet surprisingly intimidating. Orders can range from a simple coffee with cream to a cup of iron goddess of mercy oolong tea. Their coffee is bitter and mediocre, but the teas are always warm and tasty. The hot chocolate, however is horribly disappointing. Baristas at 21st Street have mastered the art of selling cups of foam as hot chocolate. If customers are looking for something to go with that foam, they should avoid this shop. The selection of pastries varies from day to day and are typically rare. Bars of imported and expensive chocolate are sold at the counter, though. As expected with hipster coffee shops, the prices are outrageous. In general, people looking for a place to finish their novels and sip exotic teas and coffees are the only ones who need to go to 21st Street Coffee and Tea.