Advanced Exterior Cleaning

Advanced Exterior Cleaning

Conway the Machine stays afloat in new waters

Conway the Machines new album holds up to to the rappers old music. Photo Via Drumwork Music Group

Slant Face Killah, the first album in Conway the Machine’s discography not on the Griselda record label, still holds up to the artist’s standards.

The album, while on a different record label, sounds similar to the rapper’s old music due to production from The Conductor and The Alchemist. 

The album starts off with a quick instrumental, “Despertar,”  which sets the vibe for the album. The first real song, “Mutty,” starts with The Conductor producer tag, or signature sound, and then listeners start to hear Conway’s raps. 

The third track features Stone God Cooks, who makes frequent appearances in the rapper’s music. The fourth track, “Milano Nights Pt. 1,” is the first song with just Conway the Machine by himself, which turns out to be the best song on the album so far. 

The album flows decently until the highlight of the album, “Vertino.” Conway is definitely at his best here. 

The album ends with “The Red Moon Osaka,” which wraps the album up nicely with a futuristic beat. While it is a little bit calmer than the rest of the album, it makes for a good ending

View Comments (1)