demont technical

demont technical

New album by Knocked Loose suffers from repetitive sounds

Knocked Loose’s newest album is too repetitive. Photo via Pure Noise Records.

You Won’t Go Before You’re Supposed To, the new album by the hardcore rock band Knocked Loose, is not a very good rock record. 

The vocals get boring and jarring. The lead singer, Bryan Garris, is an objectively talented vocalist, but he wastes a lot of potential by only screaming. 

Even the instruments, which are the best part, can get extremely repetitive, with the same sounds and breakdowns in every song. 

“Take Me Home” is one of the better tracks, and it showcases some guitar skills.

The best song on the album by far is “Suffocate,” which features Poppy, another modern metal artist. Her voice on the song breaks away from the repetitive vocals on the rest of the album. 

The same can be said about “Slaughterhouse 2,” which features Chris Motionless of Motionless in White. The original “Slaughterhouse” is a song by Motionless, with just a feature by Garris. While Knocked Loose’s part two is not as good as the first song, it is all right. 

The lyrics are not anything groundbreaking, especially considering the fact listeners cannot understand them through the screaming. The album is also very short, only reaching 27 minutes despite having 10 songs. 

In all, some parts are enjoyable to hear, but this is not that good of an album. The features from other artists are all that make it slightly memorable. 

View Comments (1)