Cirrus Advisors

Cirrus Advisors

New Sia album disappoints

The album Reasonable Women is Sia’s tenth studio album.
Image via Atlantic Records

Australian singer-songwriter Sia’s tenth studio album, Reasonable Women, is ultimately  disappointing to listen to.

The first song, “Little Wing,” has a slower tempo and rhythm, and it is fairly normal for her style of music. Unfortunately it is neither impressive nor amusing. 

It highlights the impression that Sia did not put as much effort into her lyrics and songs as she normally does. The album as a whole is boring and needs more energy to the music.

The only two songs that deserve any kind of positive feedback from the album are “Dance Alone” and “Gimme Love,” which feature an upbeat tone. 

Many people were expecting new music that would sound similar to her older style, but they found a mix of both of her styles, which are both upbeat and slow paced. In addition, listening to all the different sounds of each of her songs, the energy flow of her new sound does not blend well with her older style. 

Overall, fans may have liked the new sounds from “Dance Alone” and “Gimme Love,” but if Sia wants to expand her audience, she will need to seek out more of what her audience is looking for.