k hutch

Top Three: Sandler’s comedies stand out

Adam Sandler stands out in all of his comedy movies, setting a great impression for himself and his films. Photo via Britannica

Adam Sandler regularly performed at comedy clubs at 17 years old and quickly became popular. During one of these comedy shows, he was discovered by Dennis Miller, who suggested he should try Saturday Night Live, where he became a star.

Sandler’s film debut came in Going Overboard in 1989. He followed that with supporting roles in movies for a few years, and then he took over leading roles starting with Billy Madison in 1995.

He has since made dozens of movies, writing or producing essentially every movie he has ever been. Sandler has made some serious films, but it is a comedy that he is known for.

Top Three: Sandler’s comedies stand out
The Waterboy (1998)
Adam Sandlers film The Waterboy provides a comedic movie based off of football. 
Photo via Disney Plus.
Adam Sandler’s film “The Waterboy” provides a comedic movie based off of football. Photo via Disney Plus.

The Waterboy is about a waterboy for a college football team who discovers he has a unique tackling ability. He becomes a member of the team despite what his controlling mom says. 

The movie adds a funny aspect because of his lack of knowledge. Sandler, who plays Bobby Boucher, does not pick up on obvious sarcasm. His presence in the movie adds an amusing and comical element that makes the movie a great watch.

Grown Ups (2010)
Sandler stands out starring in comedical movies like Grownups, which always continue to be hits. 
Picture Via Song Pictures
Sandler stands out starring in comedical movies like “Grownups”, which always continue to be hits. Picture Via Song Pictures

Grown Ups is about players from a kid's basketball team who reconnect as adults after the death of their coach almost 40 years after their playing days. 

They are all at different points in their lives: Some are rich and live luxuriously, and others have just lost their job. They and their wives and kids decide to spend a weekend at their old lake house. 

Sandler is a witty character by himself, but he is even funnier when acting with other comedic actors such as Eric Lamensoff, Kurt McKenzie, and Marcus Higgins. That makes Grown Ups one of the funniest of Sandler’s movies. 

There is a Grown Ups 2  but it is not nearly as comical as the first. 

Little Nicky (2000)
Little Nicky includes life lessons and comedic relief with a good plot. 
Photo Via IMDb.com
“Little Nicky” includes life lessons and comedic relief with a good plot. Photo Via IMDb.com

Little Nicky is about the devil's three sons who are fighting over the role of who is to run Hell once their father retires. Little Nicky is nothing like his brothers who enjoy torture and chaos. He is sent to Earth to stop his brothers from revolting against their dad and in the process learns how the world works by trial and error. 

There are hidden adult jokes throughout the film that are witty and hilarious and the plot progresses at a rapid pace which is good for those who lose interest quickly.