true value evey

New Mabu album does not live up to ‘Young Genius’ title

Mabu mixes the same beats over and over with subpar lyrics. Photo via Young Genius Academy Inc.

Rapper Lil Mabu has blown up on TikTok multiple times for his music, but his new album is not good.

On Friday, he released his second studio album, Young Genius. The album is short – 17 songs that last a total of just 36 minutes. 

Some of the tracks on this album are very similar to some of his more popular songs. It gives the album an extremely repetitive feeling. 

Along with the repetitiveness, most of the tracks on this album are just bad. Mabu mixes the same beats over and over with subpar lyrics. 

There are a few features on this album. The best overall is Lil Baby, but it is still not a very good feature.

Some of the worst tracks on this album include “Rich Scholar” and “At What Cost?” These songs show off some terrible lyricism from Mabu. They also have weak vocals.

There are some average songs, though, like “Pledge” and “Underdog Story,” that have catchy hooks. 

This is an overall weak project by Lil Mabu, which makes it an unenjoyable listen.