SparkleGirlsCleaning

Antonoff’s own band, Bleachers, is mediocre at best

Producer, Jack Antonoff, has a band of his own, Bleachers. Image courtesy of Jack Antonoff.

Jack Antonoff is known for producing for big artists like Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift. But he is also in his own band, Bleachers, and their self-titled record brings mediocre vocals and lyrics to the indie genre.

Throughout the album, Bleachers has a positive message but delivers it with overdone vocals. This is shown in the songs “Tiny Moves” and “Jesus Is Dead.”

A notable detail of Bleachers is the songwriting. While the vocals fall short, the lyrics do have good meaning and aren’t lazily done. 

But in other aspects, this seems to be a copy-and-paste indie album. The most notably awful song is “We’re Gonna Know Each Other Forever,” which features poor editing and terribly off-key vocals. 

One standout song on the album is “Modern Girl,” which is the song that gained the most popularity. It has a good beat and is definitely the most tolerable song on the album. 

Generally, the issues with Bleachers come down to the terrible vocals and inconsistent beat. The album lacks personality and overall falls short on all aspects. 

Bleachers is not worth a listen and does not stand out at all.