K&G Auto Service

‘Eternal Sunshine’ finds Grande focusing on her message

Ariana Grande shows growth in her songwriting abilities on her new album, Eternal Sunshine. Photo via Republic Records.

Ariana Grande shows growth in her songwriting abilities on her new album, Eternal Sunshine

Grande has always been known for her powerful and wide vocal range, but on this new record, she has taken a step away from showing off her impressive singing voice and is putting her creativity on display. 

Grande uses more soft, breathy vocals rather than her usual powerful belts and whistle notes. And instead of using those vocals to amplify the style of each song, she focuses on the quality of the lyrics. 

This shift is perfect for her theme of divorce and self growth. Rather than focusing on her external talents, listeners can hear her messages more clearly. 

In her opening track,”‘Intro (End of the World)”, fans can get a taste for what is in store for the rest of the album.

Tracks such as “The Boy is Mine” and “Bye” have almost immediately made their way to TikTok and have become a huge success. Their star quality comes from Grande’s usual catchy pop sound. 

Even though the majority of the songs aren’t as upbeat as the rest of Grande’s discography, they match the current pop music trends and expand her style. 

This new record will surely soar to the top of every musical chart in terms of success. Grande has once again released a very successful album.