Zach Landscaping

‘Dune Two’ spectacular for franchise fans

Dune+Part+2+is+a+more+exciting+sequel+to+the+first+movie.+Photo+via+Warner+Bros.+Pictures.+
Dune Part 2 is a more exciting sequel to the first movie. Photo via Warner Bros. Pictures.

Although Dune Part Two has a promising plot, the execution is disappointing. 

In the first sci-fi film based on the popular book series, the main character, Paul Atreides, struggles to protect the home planet his family rules during a war over its most powerful asset, spice. At the end of the movie, Paul is saved from a near-death experience, which is where part two begins. 

In the new film, Paul travels to the north to learn the ways of the desert and defeat the House of Landsraad. 

Some viewers complained about the lack of excitement in the first movie, but they will be pleased to see the action has increased greatly in the new episode. 

However, even though fans of the series will know exactly what is happening and why, the movie doesn’t offer great explanations of the spice and worms for those who haven’t read the novels. This can cause the viewing experience to be confusing for some. 

Another problem is that multiple plot lines are tied together, though it is not made clear how each was connected. For long periods of time, characters such as Paul and Chani are not shown on screen, while Princess Irulan and Freyd are randomly put in. 

Although the plot is hard to follow, the graphics and costuming are incredible. Some viewers have been comparing these aspects to those seen in the Star Wars franchise.

The graphics are extremely realistic and the cinematography is even better. Scenes where the characters are riding the desert look like real life.

Overall, the movie should explain certain concepts better for those new to the franchise, but it is perfect for sci-fi fans who know Dune well.