Wren + Rita

Judah back with another gimmicky, sub-par album

Mario Judah
Mario Judah

Mario Judah, who made a name for himself by trying to troll Playboi Carti, is back with another album that is as much of a gimmick as his entire career. 

Initially Judah was a rapper trying to create his own style. However, after Judah heard about Carti delaying the 2020 release of his Whole Lotta Red album, Judah responded by releasing his own album also called Whole Lotta Red. In his version, Judah challenged Carti to release the album already by using flows and production similar to tracks from Carti’s record that had been leaked.

Now comes a new Judah project that again seemingly attacks Carti for not releasing his long awaited album, Antagonist, on time. The only difference is that this time, Judah has not used the name of Carti’s upcoming album.

Judah’s bland sound and below-average production do him no favors on this album, Endure

On the track “This Is None of Your Business,” Judah does his overexaggerated vocals, closely resembling an emo theater kid trying to be intimidating. He also replicates the cadence of Ivan L. Moody, lead singer of that dumpster fire of a band, Five Finger Death Punch.

Then on tracks “I Knew So Long” and “You Never Cared,” Judah gives his best effort to sound like someone who lives at a Hot Topic – which would be an insult to emo culture, if being emo was even a form of culture.   

Overall, Endure is repetitive and tasteless, with Judah beating an already dead horse to the point where he’s just a pile of hitting bones now.