SparkleGirlsCleaning

Swift, Eilish, Stapleton have big night at the Grammys

The 66th annual Grammy Awards took place on February 4th, 2024 at the Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles. Image via CBS.

Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, and Chris Stapleton were the big winners at the 66th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday night. 

Swift won Best Pop Vocal Album award for her album Midnights. It was a record fourth victory in the category for Swift, who passed three-time winners Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder and Paul Simon with her win.

Swift was nominated for six awards this year and won two of them. Throughout her almost two-decade career, she has won 14 Grammys out of 52 nominations. 

She also announced that her new album, The Tortured Poets Department, will be released in April.

Eilish’s song “What Was I Made For,” from the Barbie movie, won for Song of the Year. She won two awards total out of six nominations. 

Stapleton, a country music singer, won Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song for his song “White Horse.” He Stapleton was the only artist in the Country and American Roots category to win more than one award. 

Olivia Rodrigo and her fans, meanwhile, were likely disappointed after the artist was nominated for six categories and did not win any of them. 

The Grammys are often known for standout live performances, and this year was no different. 

Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs did an outstanding job on their duet of Chapman’s song “Fast Car.” This song recently went viral again after Combs did a cover on it for his new album, Getting’ Old. 

Dua Lipa took the stage for the opening performance with her song “Dance the Night Away.” She was a great artist to start the show off with because her live performances never fail. 

Billy Joel’s live appearance showcased his first new song in over a decade, and he did not disappoint. 

The red carpet Grammys made an impression, as usual.

Zach Bryan and his girlfriend, Brianna LaPaglia, were made red carpet official before the show. They have been together on social media for a while, but this was their first public debut. Bryan won Best Duo/Group Performance on his song “I Remember Everything” with Kacey Musgraves. 

Céline Dion appeared on the carpet after her ongoing battle with Stiff Person Syndrome. Later that night, she took the stage to present the Album of the Year award to Swift. Dion’s came as a surprise, and she was given a well deserved standing ovation.