Sharpsburg Islands Marina

Rap producer creates solid first album

All is Yellow, by Lyrical Lemonade feature 34 guest artists. Photo via Lyrical Lemonade.
“All is Yellow,” by Lyrical Lemonade feature 34 guest artists. Photo via Lyrical Lemonade.

Traditionally the hip-hop producer Lyrical Lemonade creates music videos, but now he has released his first studio album. 

The album features 34 guest artists on 14 songs, creating a unique variety of songs. 

The album starts strong with songs like “First Night,” featuring Sheck Wes, Ski Mask The Slump God, and JID, and “Fly Away,” featuring Teezo Touchdown, Juicy J, Cochise, Denzel Curry, and Lil B. 

The best overall song is “Say Ya Grace,” featuring Chief Keef and Lil Yachty. This song uses both of these artists’ voices perfectly with great vocals and lyrics.

A lack of consistency in the back half of the album makes it a weaker project, though.

The feature list on the later songs is also considerably weaker. There are fewer well-known artists on these songs.

The weakest song on the album is “Equilibrium,” featuring BabyTron and G Herbo. Both artists provide very average features with bland lyrics, leading to an overall boring song.

This is an average album, yet it is a solid first record for Lyrical Lemonade.