Hirt Locker

Bowling team stays hot with sweep of Seton

Baldwin+high+schools+bowling+team+competes+at+Legacy+Lanes+in+Whitehall.+
Ethan Stock
Baldwin high school’s bowling team competes at Legacy Lanes in Whitehall.

In an already impressive season, the Baldwin bowling team continued its dominance by sweeping Seton LaSalle on Wednesday. 

In the middle of the second game, the team was close to losing, but they were able to close the frames and push through, giving them all the momentum they needed to sweep the Rebels, junior Kelson Kleinhampl said.

Junior Jonathan Clemons was a big reason for their dominant win, Kleinhampl said.

“Jonathan Clemons stood out particularly. He bowled three really good games and propelled us to the sweep,” Kleinhampl said. 

Although the Highlanders swept Seton, senior Angelo Mancuso believes that they did not play their best. 

“It was definitely not a statement win,” Mancuso said. “We still have lots we can improve on, especially me personally.”

Baldwin has a chance to get their biggest win of the season next week when the team faces Carlynton: If the Highlanders win by at least 140 pins, they will win the section, Mancuso said. 

Kleinhampl said he is looking forward to it.

“It is a little nerve-wracking, but it is really cool because we have never been able to do this before,” Kleinhampl said.