True Value

What to Binge Watch: ‘Breaking Bad’ fans will like ‘Top Boy’

Fans of Breaking Bad and The Sopranos should look no further than Top Boy, a thrilling British drama series focusing on drug dealing in the “ends” of London. 
Photo via Cowboy Films Production Company.
Fans of Breaking Bad and The Sopranos should look no further than Top Boy, a thrilling British drama series focusing on drug dealing in the “ends” of London. Photo via Cowboy Films Production Company.

Running out of TV shows and movies to stream? The Purbalite is here to help, with another installment of our What to Binge Watch feature.

The series takes place in east London while various individuals are trying to go on with their ordinary lives while rival drug gangs battle.

Summerhouse is a district of the “Old Heads” or the older generation of drug dealers, led by Sully and Dushane. They are pursuing the younger generation in the gang battle. The younger group is led by Jamie, an 18-year-old who is the oldest of three brothers, and who is left to turn to the streets to provide for them due to his parent’s deaths. 

There are five seasons of surprises and spontaneous occurrences that leave viewers speculating what may happen next. 

Fans will feel conflicting emotions regarding the characters. There are periods where the audience will experience anger, sadness, and mere pity, depending on any given character’s actions and words. 

Top Boy effectively portrays the lives of people involved in drug dealing from unbiased and multiple lenses. It is amongst one of the best television series of the modern era and deserves a watch.