Behr bros

‘The Killer’ fails to provide thrills

Psychological thriller expert David Finchers new movie lacks plot and excitement. Photo Courtesy of Netflix.
Psychological thriller expert David Fincher’s new movie lacks plot and excitement. Photo Courtesy of Netflix.

Netflix’s new action thriller film The Killer, directed by David Fincher, follows an unnamed hitman as he navigates a problem that arises in his personal life after a job gone wrong. 

The movie lacks in plot and excitement, a stark difference from other Fincher movies. Unlike his hits like Zodiac, Seven, and recent Mindhunter, this movie is mind-numbingly slow at times and drags out scenes. 

Looking at it from a different perspective, though, the pace of the film ties in with the waiting done by the hitman, played by Michael Fassbender, as he waits to make his move. 

Fassbender executes his anti-hero role almost effortlessly, showing how easy it is for him to blend into society while having ulterior motives. His portrayal of a cold-blooded murderer who is not interested in redemption is the focal point of the movie. 

The one positive point of this movie is its cinematography. It follows what goes on in Fassbender’s head, as well as his actions, giving the audience a unique viewing experience.