Flowers by Terry

Shoegaze music fans hope to hear more from Title Fight

Photo via Spotify
Title Fight members began performing local underground shows in 2003.

The popular post-hardcore shoegaze band Title Fight has now been gone for five years, yet fans still have hope for them to one day return. 

Title Fight was a popular shoegaze band that dabbled in multiple forms of punk while releasing a handful of EPs and three studio albums. 

They mainly gained popularity through the bouts of aggression and despair packed into each song. This music could generate feelings ranging from pure anger to dread. 

The band began performing local shows in Wilkes-Barre and Kingston, Pa., in 2003. After around five years of underground shows and opening for bigger underground bands, they signed with Run For Cover Records in 2008. 

They toured and created some of the best post-punk and shoegaze albums for about a decade. Title Fight stopped performing and releasing music in January 2018. 

This abrupt halt in music left fans both devastated and confused, as the band seemed to be on the edge of breaking mainstream boundaries and becoming a much bigger group.   

Recently there has been a glimmer of hope for fans, however. Ned Russin, the lead vocalist and guitarist of the band, told the Brooklyn Vegan music website in September that he did not consider the band entirely broken up. 

Even before Russin’s statement, the band was building a new wave of an internet cult following. His interview then sparked a whole new wave of fans, who  have brought more streams and popularity to the band. 

With the new rise in interest and the continuing relevance of the band, it seems like there is a good chance that Title Fight will one day return with a reunion tour or a new album.