GiannaVias

Finally, PlayStation users get to try `Roblox’

Players have been waiting for the release on PlayStation since 2006.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons license.

After waiting for many years, PlayStation users can finally experience the many games on Roblox.

Roblox is an interactive platform where users can upload their games for other players to experience. This platform gives amateur video game developers the chance to test out their games.

Some of the more popular games on Roblox right now include Blade Ball, Blox Fruits, and Adopt Me.

Blade Ball is a game where players deflect a ball with a sword to stay alive. They can collect weapon skins and effects for when they eliminate another player. There is a four-player mode, two-player mode, and free-for-all. They recently released a ranked system where competitors can compete against players of their own skill level.

Blox Fruits is a game based on the popular manga One Piece. In this game, players have to fight other players and NPCs to get to the max level. Along the way, they can collect cool swords, devil fruits that grant them powers, and new fighting styles.

In Adopt Me, players can hatch eggs to unlock pets, decorate their house, trade pets, socialize, and participate in minigames. 

According to VideoGamesChronicle.com, since Roblox was released on PlayStation consoles on October 10, it has been a top three game, competing with titles such as Fortnite and the Call Of Duty franchise.

Players have been waiting for the release on PlayStation ever since Roblox came out on Windows in 2006.

Other video games, such as Minecraft, have had success releasing on other consoles. Minecraft’s player count increased by hundreds of thousands when it came out on Xbox 360 in 2012.

The benefits of releasing the game on more consoles for the consumer are competitors can play with all of their friends, have more platforms to play on, and more people to play with.

The company, meanwhile, gets more money, brand exposure, and better longevity.

Releasing the platform on PlayStation was an intelligent decision, as it allows more users to play the game, and the company gets more revenue.