flexible recovery

Del Rey creates serene energy at Star Lake

Lana+Del+Rey+performs+at+the+Pavilion+at+Star+Lake+on+Tuesday+night.+
Aria Majcher
Lana Del Rey performs at the Pavilion at Star Lake on Tuesday night.

Lana Del Rey’s highly anticipated Burgettstown show on Wednesday perfectly encapsulated the feminine experience in a visually pleasing and emotion-provoking way. 

The vocals were, all around, incredible – not only from Del Rey, but from her backup singers and the audience as well. 

Her three singers provided a stunning a capella to accompany the live instrumentals, and the crowd of roughly 22,000 fans frequently produced a chilling chorus. The intensity of these vocals was especially present in Rey’s live rendition of the already beautiful song “The Grants.” 

Many fans were anxious that Del Rey’s setlist would center heavily around her most recent release, Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, but her show balanced many fan favorites from throughout her entire discography. 

Even those who weren’t entirely familiar with Del Rey’s music could still thoroughly enjoy the show due to the gentle yet gorgeous lighting effects and set design, loving energy from the performers and the crowd, and incredible choreography from the ensemble of dancers. 

The only drawback was the seemingly abrupt end of the show, as it lacked a satisfying encore. However, when Del Rey ended the show with a heartfelt monologue, followed by the title track of the touring album, many fans were left in tears. 

Unfortunately, those tears probably lasted through the multi-hour wait time to get out of the parking lot. Still, this concert was monumental, and it beautifully graced Del Rey’s legacy.