pages

Lip dub success spurs second run

BY LAURA BASCIOTTA
Staff Writer

The upperclassmen have followed in the footsteps of Class of 2015 alum Sara Roberto and decided to plan a second annual lip dub.

Last year, Roberto took on the challenge of planning a lip dub for her senior project, with only the help of a small group of friends.

The song from last year’s lip dub, “I Lived” by One Republic, had a strong message for both the upperclassmen and underclassmen, as it told the story of the classes embarking on their journeys.

Following last year’s success, the junior and senior classes have now decided to continue with the making of the second annual lip dub to give something special to the class of 2016.

They hope to acheive as much, if not more success than last year’s lip dub. Senior Maddie Pacella wants to turn this into a memorable annual event and hopes to see it flourish in the years to come.

Pacella said the lip dub involves a lot of planning and organization. She is excited to be a part of this project and has high hopes for the outcome since she enjoyed last year’s project.

“We are thinking about “Shut Up and Dance” because it’s something upbeat and puts the students in a good mood,” Pacella said.

More help will be available this year, as more students are willing to take part in the endeavor.

The students organizing it also hope that there is more student support for the lip dub.

“We’re hoping that we can take time out of the day or work out a schedule where we can mock up what will actually happen when we are ready to film the real thing,” junior Jordan Hoydick said.

One change the team would like to see this year is to have more rehearsal time.

With just 45 minutes to create the video last year, there was time for only one practice run and there was a some of confusion among the students at times.

This year’s organizers are also hoping to film the lip dub outdoors on the football field in addition to the hallways to give some more diversity to the final product and include shots of more of the school.

Principal Dr. Walter Graves says that he is eager to work with the classes on a schedule that allows more time to practice to produce a product everyone can take pride in and enjoy.