pages

Restore cut clubs

BY NEWSPAPER STAFF

This year due to budget issues the dance team and photography club have been eliminated.
Deciding which activities to cut is difficult for administrators because it is hard to please everyone. Administrators tried to cut from sports, music, and clubs to make it fair and not not focus on one area.
Student council went from having two sponsors to one. In sports and music, assistant positions were cut, such as boys volleyball, wrestling, swim team, marching band, and track.
But the difference with those cuts is that students can still participate in the sports and music programs because they only lost an assistant or two. Students interested in dance or photography now are out of luck.
These cuts take away an opportunity for students and teachers to bond over something they both enjoy.
It also takes away one of Baldwin’s many strengths. The clubs offer students a chance to research careers, develop skills, and create friendships, along with building up their transcript.
Administrators say they hope to restore these clubs for the next year. This must become a priority.