Wren + Rita

Purbalite welcomes new editing staff

BY MATT ZOVKO
Staff Writer

As the school year winds down, the Purbalite is announcing its new editing staff for 2015-16. These students will oversee the production of next year’s online and print editions of the paper.

Junior Allison Perston and sophomore Laura Harper will assume the responsibility of news editors. Juniors Alex Butelli and Julia DeGregorio will take over as feature editors.

Junior Lauren Schugg will be design editor, responsible for the center-spread. Sophomore Jack Hilgrove and junior Mikaela Thorne are the new sports editors.

The photos for the Purbalite will now be managed by junior Jess Dini and sophomore Maggie Hines. Handling copy chief duties will be juniors Rachel Ferrari and Leanne Wilson.

Juniors Morgan Schaming, Samantha Stark, and Tori Hochendoner will oversee the website, www.purbalite.net.

The future editors have several goals to fulfill for the next school year.

“The goal would ultimately be to increase the mass appeal of the paper,” DeGregorio said. “We want to interest as many students as possible.”

DeGregorio said she wants the paper to continue to thrive and bring readers the news that they really want to read.

Schugg said that in addition to keeping a high standard when it comes to the print issues, she also hopes to increase traffic on the website.

The website has grown each year for the past few years. It is updated most days, keeping its followers up to date on all things Baldwin.

“Our webpage gets more views every year,” Schugg said. “I hope to continue that trend next year.”