Mary Margaret Isabella

Lip dub team looks for stars

BY JESS DINI
Staff Writer

Put on your dancing shoes, because Baldwin is planning its first-ever lip dub.

For those who don’t know what a lip dub is, it’s a music video featuring the students of the school dancing and lip syncing to the original music that is playing in the background.

Senior Sara Roberto is in charge of putting together Baldwin’s lip dub, alongside seniors Mara Meyer and Becky Terleski. Roberto saw a lip dub video by North Hills High School and immediately started sharing ideas back and forth with Meyer.

“We started talking about it in our third period art class and the ideas were just endless,” Roberto said. “Mara Meyer and I then decided to actually do something about all of our ideas.”

The lip dub will feature “I Lived” by One Republic. Roberto said it is a great song to show each class moving on with life to bigger and better things.

Roberto is working to include as many people as are interested in the video, including clubs and sports teams. Many students also have been offering help to organize and set up.

“I have plenty of things planned for everyone,” Roberto said.

Art teacher Cheryl Foote said she is excited to participate with the National Art Honor Society in helping to paint signs, contribute decorations, as well as dance in the video.

“It’s helpful that Sara and Mara are both members of Art Honor,” Foote said. “We are easily able to communicate needs and will work together to make the dub successful.”

A day for the video to be shot hasn’t been confirmed yet, but Roberto and Principal Dr. Walter Graves are hoping to plan an assembly-day schedule to shoot the entire video.

“The date is still unknown because of snow days, though I was thinking the week right before spring break.” Roberto said.

Foote said she likes that this is a student-driven project, anticipating it will bring a lot of positive energy to the student body at Baldwin. While administrators and teachers support the idea, the students are mostly completing the project themselves.

“This could become a tradition for Baldwin requiring a lot of student involvement, but I can believe the students can do it.” Roberto said.