K&G Auto Service

Boys tennis loses to TJ

Natalie Zgurich
Baldwins girls tennis team competes in the fall, and boys compete in the spring.

Baldwin boys tennis lost to Thomas Jefferson High School, 4-1, on Thursday. 

Senior Jacob Pyle said Thomas Jefferson had the upperhand in a few aspects of the game. 

“The other team did well with finishing off the point and with their service as well,” he said. 

Regardless of the loss, the team improved upon their consistency and service. 

“The team did a great job with ball placement and did a good job with being more consistent and with their service,” Pyle said. 

Specifically, Pyle said junior Tyler Hartung and sophomore Keagan Szegedy “did well and came out with a win (in their match) for Baldwin.”

Sophomore Nikita Petruk said juniors Kelson Kleinhampl and Sam Vogel played well. 

“They won the first set but then lost. But they did a good job,” Petruk said. 

Petruk played through an injury but still had some success for Baldwin.

“I think I did pretty well through my injury, but it could be better,” he said.

Going into the rest of the season, Pyle says the team needs to improve on their net and foot work to secure some wins in the future. 

Their next match will be at home at 3:30 p.m. today against Norwin.