Zach Landscaping

Klodowski, Islamov qualify for state playoffs.

Ethan Stock
The Baldwin boys wrestling team competes in the 3A division.

Senior Owen Klodowski and junior Ramil Islamov qualified for the state playoff this weekend at WPIALs. 

Additionally, Klodowski and senior Keith MIncin achieved their 100th high school win at the competition. 

Klodowski won two matches the first day of competitions, then lost one and won two more the next day. 

The competition becomes difficult at WPIALs, with everyone knowing it could be their last match. 

“This deep into the season, the competitions are the hardest it’s ever been. Only the truly good wrestlers make it this far into the season and the PA state tournament is one of the hardest if not the hardest state tournaments in the country,” Klodowski said. 

Being a returning competitor at states, Klodowski is looking to make an impact this year. 

“It feels good to be going to states two years in a row. I’m looking to make a statement this year and make it to the podium at 129 pounds. I worked very hard for this opportunity and I am proud to carry the Baldwin name to the state tournament,” Klodowski said.  

Ramil Islamov is the other Baldwin representative heading to Hershey. His focus sets him apart from the rest. 

“When I wrestle I like to take control and dominate my opponent, with the mentality that I will win,” Islamov said. 

All in all, it was a great weekend for Baldwin wrestling, he said. 

“I think everyone performed well this weekend. It was a huge accomplishment to have so many guys even make it to the WPIAL tournament,” Islamov said.