flexible recovery

Cameron leaves Disney life behind with new album

They are good to listen to when listeners feel down. Photo via Disruptor Records/Columbia Records.

The new album by Dove Cameron shows her breaking away from being known as a Disney show actor and becoming a young adult with a successful music career.

After starring in movies and shows for almost all her life, Cameron decided to take a step back from movies and begin producing music as a career instead of a hobby. She had sung in some of the movies she acted in, like The Descendants franchise, but the new album Alchemical Volume 1 opens up a new part of her personality her fans haven’t seen before. 

The song “Sand” focuses on a breakup and the depression that follows a separation.

It is a refreshing change from the childish and fairytale-type songs she sang in previous movies. Although the song can seem gloomy, it is perfect for anyone struggling with these issues.

Still” has become a fan favorite, and for good reason. The song talks about wanting to stand still amidst the chaos. Cameron opens up about her feelings about fame and being hounded by paparazzi. 

One drawback to the record is that most of the songs on the album can be quite depressing. They are good to listen to when listeners feel down, but otherwise, they could ruin a good mood.