Subzero

Valorant esports team wins another playoff match

Baldwin%E2%80%99s+esports+team+wins+another+playoff+match+against+Chambersburg+High+School.+
Brendan Harris
Baldwin’s esports team wins another playoff match against Chambersburg High School.

Baldwin’s Valorant esports team on Tuesday won their second playoff match, defeating Chambersburg High School 2-0.

In the first game, the Baldwin team won, 13-11. In the second game, however, with Baldwin up 5-1, the opposing team forfeited.

“I was shocked. I was like, ‘wow,’ senior Annan Gurung said. “Games are split into two halves, and we were still in the first half.”

With the second game forfeited, Baldwin won the best-of-three match.

Coach Nathan Elias is proud of his team’s performance.

“The team played very well together as a unit yesterday. The other team’s best player is probably in the top five in the whole league, and we did a great job in playing together in a way that did not allow him to take over the whole match,” Elias said.

The team’s next match is after Christmas break. Gurung is glad to have a win before heading into a long hiatus.

“It feels wonderful. I knew we were going to have a decent season, but this is amazing,” Gurung said.

Elias credits the new esports room with having a major positive impact on the team, which previously took up residence in the IT room.

“The new room has been great to help the team. Having an area where we can review our game video and go over strategies has been very helpful, and the students are much more excited to come into this new space,” Elias said.

Baldwin enters the Valorant quarterfinals as the fifth seed. Their next opponent is yet to be determined.