Flowers by Terry

Rocket League team loses in second round of playoffs

Baldwin%E2%80%99s+esports+team+wins+another+playoff+match+against+Chambersburg+High+School.+
Brendan Harris
Baldwin’s esports team wins another playoff match against Chambersburg High School.

The Baldwin Rocket League esports team lost 4-0 against Henderson High School in the second round of the playoffs on Wednesday.

Freshman Ethan Green said the team struggled to score.

“Unfortunately we couldn’t get much scoring in some of the games,” Green said.

Coach Nathan Elias said Braydon Parker was one of the team’s best players during this playoff game, as well as throughout the season as a whole.

“Braydon Parker was our top performer throughout the year. He played excellently against all manner of competition and was by far our standout player,” Elias said.

Green also praised Parker’s performance.

“Braydon Parker did the best score-wise in all four games, as he got a lot of our goals and saves. We all did good in general,” Green said.

Elias was happy with the team’s performance throughout the season.

“I think the season went well overall. Our whole starting roster from last year graduated, so starting out with a whole new team can always be challenging,” Elias said. “I feel good going into next season, and am excited to see how much better we can be next fall.”