MiracleDentalAssociates

Bowling team extends undefeated streak with win over Bishop Canevin

Baldwin+high+schools+bowling+team+competes+at+Legacy+Lanes+in+Whitehall.+
Ethan Stock
Baldwin high school’s bowling team competes at Legacy Lanes in Whitehall.

The Baldwin bowling team swept Bishop Canevin 3-0 on Wednesday night.

Going into this match, the Highlanders had not yet lost a single round, and that streak continued into this, their third match of the season. 

Junior Nico Puglin, a longtime JV player, had an impressive outing on varsity and contributed largely to the win, senior Angelo Mancuso said. 

In addition to strong individual performances, Mancuso said that winning requires a team effort, and that is what makes the matches memorable. 

“Winning is the best moment of every match, hands down,” he said. “When you are going into game three as a team knowing you won the first two games and all you have to do is close one more out, it feels motivating for everyone.”  

With the momentum and talent of the team, Mancuso believes that the team has the potential to go undefeated this season. 

“We are legit. There is not a lot of competition in our division. I think we are by far the most talented team in our division,” he said. 

Yet they are always on the grind to improve their performance, Mancuso said. 

The Highlanders look to remain undefeated when they play Seton LaSalle next Wednesday at Legacy Lanes.