Diamond in the Ruff

Unicorns real enough to win scavenger hunt

BY JESSICA DINI

Staff Writer

Unicorns may be mythical creatures, but apparently they are real enough to win the Homecoming Games scavenger hunt.

The Sassy Unicorn team on Thursday won the scavenger hunt, which was organized by senior class co-sponsor Dan Harrold. The event had teams of about five figuring out clues and then completing tasks like getting a picture taken in front of their favorite Caste Village restaurant and checking out a book from a local library.

Students had to take a picture when they completed each task, and then return to the school to show Harrold their photos.

Harrold got the idea from a local scavenger hunt he has participated in, but he made the clues on his own. All of the clues led students to locations within a two-mile radius of the high school. The hunt was set to take no more than two hours, but the winning team completed it within the first 40 minutes.

“Everyone who did it loved it,” Harrold said.

Due to the success of this event, Harrold said he hopes to have more scavenger hunts in the future for different occasions, including another one at next year’s homecoming.