SparkleGirlsCleaning

Girls volleyball loses to Peters, 3-1

volleyball+girls
Allison Huschak
The Baldwin girls varsity volleyball team plays in the WPIAL 4A division.

The girls volleyball team lost in four sets against Peters on Tuesday.

After winning the first set, Peters won the next three. Senior Allison Huschak said that after the first set, the team felt really good.

“We were all so happy,” she said. “It was very energetic and exciting and the bench got really into it.”

Junior Avery Barett thought Baldwin played really good on defense.

“We had great defense,” she said. “We were able to use our hitters successfully because of their consistency.”

Barrett said Peters did a really good job on offense.

“They ran their offense really well,” she said. “They made our hitters have to work to block.”

Huschak thinks that before their next game, the Highlanders can make a few improvements.

“We can work on our serving and focus on avoiding making the little mistakes.” she said. “They cost us important points throughout the game.”

The seniors in particular really did their part throughout the game, Barrett said.

“Jess Linden played great and hit very well,” she said. “Brooke and Brynn Seaman also had great stats and were able to run our offense as well.”

The team plays next at the South Fayette Volleyball Tournament against South Fayette Saturday at 8 a.m.