Portraits by Kathi

Girls soccer falls to Peters Township

Brendan Harris
Baldwin’s varsity girls soccer team competes in the 4A division.

After a promising start, girls soccer lost to Peters Township 5-0 Wednesday night. 

Although they lost, the team has seen a lot of improvement since the last season. 

“We’re looking really good. The improvement from last year is amazing and I’m really proud of how we’re starting,” senior Haley Nieman said. 

The girls were only down 1-0 in the first half, but got tired by the second half, Nieman said. 

Junior Mia Beardsley said the team had a positive attitude for the first portion of the game, but failed to hold it during the second half. 

“We need to work on keeping good attitudes during the entirety of the game. I think that will get us far,” Beardsley said. 

Nieman and Beardsley both agree that Baldwin needs to work on holding onto the ball better. 

Junior Ryley Shaw was a standout player for Baldwin.

“She was up against a really powerful forward yet made it really difficult for the other team to get the ball,” Nieman said. 

Both girls recognized the opponents kept constant pressure on the team. 

“They were constant with their attacks. If the ball didn’t go into the net, they rebounded,” Beardsley said. 

Their next game is on Saturday against Ringold.