Carik

Students get chance for revenge during homecoming week

BY: VAISHALI TOURANI
Staff Writer

Principal Walter Graves is welcoming a new tradition to Baldwin High School.  Students will be permitted to duck-tape him to a wall.

This activity will be one of several events taking place during the week. Activities include the purple out and assembly, canned food drive, the homecoming carnival, and the homecoming dance.

The purple-out will be a day in which everyone is encouraged to wear purple, signifying school spirit. Gift cards will be given to those with the most school spirit. The assembly will be held later in the day, and the senior class will be throwing purple & white items into the crowd.

On Tuesday, Taping Mr. Graves to a wall will be the next activity.

During the lunch periods, Mr. Graves will stand on a chair against a wall, and students will be permitted to place duck-tape unto him. Strips of duck-tape will be sold for one dollar each.

“It was something that I did at my other school, and I thought I would bring it here,” Graves said. “It will be a fundraiser for the senior class.

The canned food drive will be held on Wednesday, and will be consisted of students donating canned food at the North Atrium.

Clubs and activities will be participating in the homecoming carnival on Thursday.

On Saturday, the high school will be welcoming back the homecoming dance.  The dance will be held at the high school gym from 7 to 10 p.m.

Tickets for the dance go on sale later this week, activities director, Chris Reilsono said.

“Our slogan is ‘we are one.’  It‘s nice to have events to facilitate that,” Reilsono said.