Senior’s Instagram post featured on website

Amanda Bruni, Design Editor

Senior Jake Myslimczyk has been featured in online news source NextPittsburgh’s holiday photo gallery along with other local Instagramers capturing the stellar sights of the city’s festive season.

Myslimczyk has been posting a lot of holiday and winter themed photos on both his Instagram and Twitter this season.

“This is my third year that I’ve posted a sort of ‘countdown to Christmas’ collection on Instagram,” Myslimczyk said, “and I’ll probably keep doing it for years to come.”

The numerous photos he shoots are taken on his Nikon D3000 camera. He likes to alternate through a variety of lenses to capture different effects at different angels.

The NextPittsburgh team contacted Myslimczyk to ask if they could include one of the photos from his Instagram into their web gallery.  The photo chosen was shot across the Duquesne Incline during a snowstorm last week.

This photo particularly stood out amongst his others on Instagram due to it being zoomed in on the snow and vibrant colors, he said.

“I never really took photography classes. It’s just something I like to have fun with.  I hope to work within film studies after high school,” Myslimczyk said.

More of Myslimczyk’s photos can be found under his Instagram and Twitter page at @jakemyslimczyk