Girls volleyball plays rivals in second round

Via Creative Customs

The boys’ volleyball team suffered a 3-0 loss against Canon Mac yesterday, leaving the team with a 1-3 record.

Jack Hillgrove, Sports Editor

The girls volleyball team takes on North Allegheny in the second round of the playoffs tonight, and for NA, this time is personal.

Baldwin took down North Allegheny in the WPIAL championship each of the last two seasons. Both games went to five sets, so the games could have gone either way.

To get a third victory against the Tigers, senior Erin Ferrari said confidence is key.

“We have to be confident for the entire game,” Ferrari said. “We have to focus on the points we score and not the points they score.”

Although NA fell to the Highlanders the past two years, they were still able to make the state playoffs because the top three WPIAL teams move on. However, Ferrari said this game has a different feeling than the previous two, since one team will be done for the season and not have an opportunity for a state playoff run.

“We are both really good teams, but this time one of us will be done for the season, and will not have a chance at states,” Ferrari said.

The game is at North Hills High School at 7:30 p.m. Students who arrive in Baldwin gear before 7:20 p.m. will have free admission to the game.