Clinton trumps hateful incompetence

Emma Dowker, Photography Editor

One of the most frequently used arguments against Hillary Clinton is that she is dishonest and untrustworthy. This cannot be denied, given her inconsistent stances on policies and unsatisfactory voting record. However, if it has to be Clinton or Donald Trump, it is much safer to elect Clinton than the notoriously incompetent Trump.
Trump’s populous message resonates with many Americans, but he offers no policy positions to back his rhetoric. Clinton, however, has introduced several proposals to improve serious issues facing the country, such as inadequate health care and student loan debt.
Student loan debt has surpassed credit card debt in the United States, totaling to over $1 trillion dollars. At a time in America when countless students are trying to further their education but are drowning in debt with no guarantees of finding a decent-paying job after graduation, it is vital to focus on this issue.
Additionally, Clinton heavily advocates for women’s rights and equal pay for equal work. Men and women deserve to be treated equally, and Clinton has been successful in empowering women to fight for their rights.
On the other hand, Trump has been infamous for his numerous derogatory comments toward women, minorities, and the disabled. His repugnant comments are not an attempt to fight “political correctness” in the United States. It is just him proving his obnoxious ways and bigotry.
Trump coasted through the primary pushing a false narrative that he is a successful businessman. However, he has not only bankrupt four separate businesses, but his plans to cut taxes for the wealthy would hurt countless middle-class Americans that support him.
Despite the universal distaste for both candidates, this presidential election is crucially important to the future of the country. Hillary Clinton may not be the most ideal choice, but she is a much safer and more practical choice than the dangerous, uneducated Donald Trump.